Planning & Development
Instructions for applying for a Building Permit or Business Registration here.(please read before submitting an application)
Access the Online Permit Portal here.
New Business's Moving into New or Existing Commercial Structures please follow these steps.
The Planning and Development Department administers the subdivision, zoning, building code, and nuisance abatement regulations of the city. The Department also ensures proper implementation of all growth management and transportation plans through the development/plan review process. In addition, the department performs code compliance and building inspections.
Other responsibilities include:
- Receiving zoning change and specific use requests
- Interpreting the Zoning Ordinance
- Processing and recommending amendments to the Zoning Ordinance
- Assisting residents and developers in platting and development
- Issuing building permits
- Directing citizen complaints
Planning and Zoning Monthly Meeting Live Stream:
Our department has also created a policy and procedures document covering:
- Plats, plans, permits, and easements
- Re plats, lot spills, lot combinations, and lot line adjustments
- Building permit process for commercial, residential, and public works
Forms & Resources Available Online
The Planning and Development Department offers many forms online. Please visit the Forms and Resources Page for a complete listing of all forms available.
Building & Permit Fees
Building and permit fees are as outlined in the Planning and Development Application Fees They include:
- Commercial permit fees
- Miscellaneous permit fees
- Planning and Development Application Fees
- Residential permit fees
Water Impact and Sewer Connection Fees
As of March 1, 2021, Water Impact and Sewer Connection Fees will be determined by meter size. Sewer connection fees increased January 9th, 2023, per Ordinance No. 23-008.
WATER IMPACT FEES
SEWER CONNECTION FEES
The impact fee for development of construction outside the City of Ozark will be 2 times the rate in the above schedule.
Water Meter Price List
(Subject to Change)
- 5/8 inch meter $320
- 1 inch meter $405
- 2 inch meter $1540
- 3 inch meter $1905
- 4 inch meter $3195
- 6 inch meter $4895