History of Ozark

Riverside bridge picOZARK, MISSOURI, WAS FOUNDED IN 1841 and was named after the Ozark Mountains, which rise nearby. After the Civil War, Ozark became a center of agricultural trade, with businesses and industries sprouting up to serve local farmers. By the late 1800s, Ozark had become a bustling hub of commerce, with a courthouse, a newspaper, and several hotels, saloons, and stores lining the town's streets. In the early 1900s, the town's economy shifted from agriculture to manufacturing, with several factories opening to produce goods like shoes, clothing, and furniture. Ozark also became a popular tourist destination, with visitors drawn to the town's beautiful scenery, recreational opportunities, and cultural events.

Throughout the 20th century, Ozark continued to grow and change, with new businesses and industries emerging and the population steadily increasing. Today, the town is known for its friendly small-town atmosphere, excellent schools, and thriving economy. The town continued to grow and prosper throughout the 19th and early 20th centuries, and today it has a population of over 20,000. The Finley River, a tributary of the James River, is a 48-mile-long waterway that originates in the southern part of Missouri. The river was named after James Finley, a settler who established a trading post near the river in the early 19th century. 

The Finley River has played an essential role in the history of Ozark’s community, serving as a source of water and transportation for early settlers. The river was also a vital resource for agriculture and industry in the area. Today, the Finley River is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, including anglers, canoeists, and kayakers. The river is known for its scenic beauty and crystal-clear waters, which provide a serene and tranquil atmosphere for visitors. The river also serves as an important habitat for a variety of fsh and wildlife species, including bass, catfish, and turtles.